Studies have shown that students can lose up to 50% of learning during the summer vacation. Georgetown is challenging you and your child to “KEEP ON LEARNING” this summer to prevent summer slide. There are two ways to record your learning time:
- Reading: Log into this form to record the number of minutes you read. You can record each day or enter the total for each week.
- MOBYMAX Math and Reading: We recommend that each child consistently use MobyMax each week in the core areas of reading and mathematics. If interested, you can also choose to work on other learning modules. Spending just a few minutes each day on Mobymax will help to reduce “summer slide” and keep your child’s learning skills fresh over the summer.
Our goals for students over the summer are below. Students who reach or exceed goals will be entered in a drawing for an Amazon Gift Card (1 per grade). This is for their grade next year.
- First Grade: 100 minutes
- Second Grade: 200 minutes
- Third Grade: 300 minutes
- Fourth Grade: 400 minutes
- Fifth Grade: 400 minutes
- First Grade: 100 pts
- Second Grade: 200 pts
- Third Grade: 300 pts
- Fourth Grade: 400 pts
- Fifth Grade: 500 pts
If you’d like to be part of Georgetown’s challenge to “Keep On Learning” please follow the instructions below. If your child is new to the school and you would like login information, email Mrs. Reagan. email@example.com
Have a great summer…and keep on learning with READING and MOBYMAX!
- Go to www.mobymax.com/ mi1457 and enter your child’s username and password to access his or her account (same username and password as last year). Username: _________ Password: ___________
- Explore placement tests, lessons and much more! Mobymax will automatically increase skill level based on your student’s performance.
WELCOME TO FIFTH GRADE! We are going to have such an amazing year together! I can’t wait to meet you and come together as a class!
While you are here, be sure to sign up for email updates. You can sign up in the upper right corner of this blog where it says “Subscribe by Email.” Once you enter your email address and register, you will receive notifications of my blog posts.
It is important that you subscribe to the class blog. Our class blog will be the site for information about school supplies, curriculum, assessment, and much more. A school supply list will be posted on July 1.
Have a safe and happy summer and I’ll see you at our Open House in August!
The school year has flown by and now we only have one more half school day until summer vacation. I want to thank each of you for sharing your children with me this school year. I feel so blessed to have been a part of your children’s lives.
Thank you so much for the outpouring of volunteerism, donations and support for our class this year. I truly could not have done all the activities and have them run so smoothly if I hadn’t had such great support.
Also, thank you for the cards, gifts and well wishes for the summer! I am truly blown away by your kindness and generosity!
Have a safe, healthy, and happy summer! I will miss you!