Information About Mr. Gort

IMG_4478_edited-2I was born and grew up in Grand Rapids, Michigan. I went to Calvin Christian where I competed on the cross country and tennis teams. I graduated from Grand Valley State University in 2000, and then spent the next 3 years teaching 4th grade at the Potter’s House. I then accepted a job at Riley Street Middle school teaching math and computers. I was displaced after one year there and was then hired as a 4th grade teacher at Georgetown Elementary for 4 years. I taught at Baldwin Street Middle School as a math teacher and again was displaced and took a resource room position at Georgetown this past year.  This will be my 5th year teaching 5th grade at Georgetown. I have earned my Master’s Degree in Special Education from Calvin College. I am thrilled and thankful to be teaching in Hudsonville for my twelvth year. My wife Holly and I currently live in Hudsonville, and we both enjoy reading, biking, hiking, and spending time with our three kids, Bryce (15), Karly (12), and Braydon (9). My favorite hobbies are playing basketball and watching the San Antonio Spurs!